Thursday 1 March 2012

Team Meet 3: Malcolm in Maya

Spent most of today putting together the scene I'll be using to animate in. Basically just getting it ready for when I need to start blocking.
Running into all sorts of Maya obstacles, mostly because I have no idea what I'm doing! Raf's been helping me out loads though and I've learned a helluva lot today.

Here's what the W.I.P scene looks like with one of the problems I've encountered:


I have no idea why Malcolm's top is all chrome and shiny. I've tried selecting all the polygons and changing it to a matte white texture but that does nothing. This only shows up in the render view. So I'll be asking about that via our facebook group right now! Watch this space for answers!

**EDIT** Never found out why it was doing that but as I restarted the scene anyway it didn't matter. It hasn't happened since. My guess is that I pressed something silly but being new to it I didn't know what. Just so you know..

No comments:

Post a Comment