Saturday 7 July 2012

Progression shots

This progression shot from Tangled was posted on our facebook Masters page and I came across another one from Ice Age.


Progression of an Animated Shot: Gothel & Rapunzel Disney's Tangled from Jamaal Bradley on Vimeo.


Ice Age Animation Walkthrough - Jeff Gabor from Stewart Jones on Vimeo.

The level of detail that goes into blocking is incredible. I love watching these progression shots because to see industry level work is amazing and invaluable. The biggest thing I want to take from watching these and put into my own work is definitely more detailed blocking. I believe if I put more breakdowns in my blocking (where necessary of course, more everywhere is just going to clutter it and make more work for when I need to polish it) I can get a better grasp on timing and a better looking final animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment